Dealing with accusations of robbery is an immensely challenging situation that can have profound implications on one's life. Richard Roustio Attorney at Law stands prepared to offer expert legal counsel to individuals in Belleville and throughout Illinois who face robbery charges. Under the leadership of Richard Roustio, our proficient legal team is dedicated to providing robust and aggressive representation and understanding the gravity of such legal matters.
What is Robbery?
Robbery is a grave criminal offense characterized by the use of force or the threat of force to confiscate another person's property. In the state of Illinois, it involves the intentional act of taking property from an individual against their will through the application of violence, intimidation, or force. The distinguishing factor in robbery lies in the presence of force or the instillation of fear, setting it apart from other theft-related offenses.
Call Richard Roustio Attorney at Law, today at (618) 266-2617 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our robbery attorney in Belleville!
I successfully completed my treatment and probation period and my case was dismissed.Former Client
What are the Penalties for Robbery in Illinois?
If convicted of robbery in Illinois, individuals may face various penalties that can significantly impact their lives. The severity of these consequences hinges on various factors, including aggravating circumstances. At Richard Roustio Attorney at Law, we believe in providing our clients with a clear understanding of the potential consequences they may be up against:
- Imprisonment: Robbery convictions often lead to substantial prison sentences, with the length varying based on the case's specifics.
- Fines: Individuals found guilty may be fined, adding a financial burden to an already challenging situation.
- Criminal Record: A robbery conviction permanently marks one's criminal record, affecting future employment opportunities and personal relationships.
- Restitution: In addition to fines, the court may order restitution to the victim, requiring the defendant to compensate for any losses suffered.
- Probation: Individuals may be sentenced to probation with strict conditions and supervision.
- Mandatory Minimums: Certain aggravating factors, such as using a weapon, can trigger mandatory minimum sentences, increasing the severity of the punishment.
Our legal team at Richard Roustio Attorney at Law is well-versed in Illinois robbery laws and understands the nuances that can impact sentencing. We diligently work to build a robust defense tailored to the unique circumstances of each case, aiming to minimize the potential consequences our clients may face.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Mounting a successful defense against robbery charges requires a comprehensive understanding of the legal landscape. Our experienced attorneys employ strategic defenses to protect the rights and interests of our clients:
- Lack of Intent: We may argue that the accused did not have the requisite intent to commit robbery, challenging the prosecution's case.
- Mistaken Identity: In some cases, mistaken identity may be a viable defense, asserting that the wrong person was accused of the crime.
- Insufficient Evidence: We meticulously review the evidence presented by the prosecution, identifying weaknesses and inconsistencies that can be used to challenge the case.
- Self-defense: If applicable, we explore the possibility of self-defense, arguing that the accused acted in response to a perceived threat.
- Coercion or Duress: In certain situations, individuals may be forced to commit a robbery under duress or coercion. We explore these factors as potential defenses.
Our goal is to craft a strong and strategic defense tailored to the unique circumstances of each case, leveraging our knowledge and experience to secure the best possible outcome for our clients.
Facing robbery charges is a serious matter that demands the expertise of a seasoned legal team. At Richard Roustio Attorney at Law, we understand the complexities of robbery cases and are committed to providing aggressive representation to protect the rights and future of our clients. If you or someone you know is facing robbery charges in Belleville or elsewhere in Illinois, contact us for a confidential consultation. Our experienced attorneys are ready to navigate the legal complexities and fight for a favorable resolution.
Contact Richard Roustio Attorney at Law, today to schedule a meeting with our robbery lawyer in Belleville!
- Proud & Disciplined Navy Veteran
- Proven Track-Record of Successful Cases
- Over 100 Cases Tried in Court