Helping Drivers in Randolph & Perry Counties
If you have been charged with or arrested for a traffic violation of any sort, contact Richard Roustio Attorney at Law right away. I am a Navy veteran, a former public defender, an experienced Illinois defense lawyer, and a proven trial lawyer. For the last 25 years, I have been representing criminal defendants at trial, and I have handled a wide variety of traffic-related offenses. I provide thoughtful legal counsel for all my clients and make sure you always understand your options, so that you remain in the driver’s seat at every turn and are able to make informed decisions about your future.
Call my law office at (618) 266-2617 today to schedule your free consultation.
I successfully completed my treatment and probation period and my case was dismissed.Former Client
Should I Pay My Traffic Ticket or Fight It?
Getting a traffic ticket is a hassle, and many traffic violations may seem small. Most people opt to just pay their traffic ticket or absorb an unpleasant penalty just to make the problem go away, however, doing so can have long-lasting consequences. In the State of Illinois, a traffic-related criminal conviction can remain on your driving record for the next five years, causing a variety of unpleasant penalties, including (but not limited to):
- Increased cost of car insurance
- Loss of some professional licenses
- Limited job prospects (particularly if you are applying for jobs that requires driving)
- Damaged prospects in family law proceedings
- Damaged reputation
Sometimes, you simply can’t get out of a ticket – but you always have the opportunity to contest it, and it’s often worth the effort. Depending on the specifics of your case, I may be able to appear in court on your behalf without you present, thereby minimizing the hassle on your part. We may also be able to significantly decrease the amount of time you have to spend in court if you have special needs involving travel restrictions, health conditions, work, or other conflicts.
Before you decide to pay off a ticket just to get the criminal justice system off your back, call my law office at (618) 266-2617 and secure the help of an experienced traffic offense lawyer in Belleville.
In my many years of criminal defense work, I have handled a wide variety of traffic-related offenses. I may be able to help you defend yourself and achieve a positive resolution if you have been charged with any of the following:
- Driving after your license has been revoked or suspended
- Driving past a stopped school bus
- Driving without a valid, current driver’s license
- Driving without valid, current insurance
- Failure to heed railroad signals
- Failure to provide requested information to an officer during a traffic stop
- Failure to secure a child in an age-appropriate car seat
- Failure to signal
- Failure to wear a seatbelt
- Failure to yield
- Failure to yield to a fire truck, ambulance, or other emergency vehicle
- Fleeing the scene after a car accident
- Illegally transporting alcohol or drugs
- Making an improper U-turn
- Running from a police officer
- Speeding in a school or construction zone
- Speeding or driving below the minimum speed limit
- Texting or talking on the phone while driving
- Violating time-related constraints on your license, such as curfews or night-driving restrictions
- Violation of the terms of a commercial driver’s license
Call my firm, Richard Roustio Attorney at Law, at (618) 266-2617 to schedule your free consultation today. I represent clients in Belleville, Randolph County, Perry County, and the surrounding areas.
- Proud & Disciplined Navy Veteran
- Proven Track-Record of Successful Cases
- Over 100 Cases Tried in Court