At Richard Roustio, we understand that individuals facing prostitution charges can find themselves in complex legal situations that require expert guidance. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing strong legal representation for those accused of prostitution in Belleville, Illinois.
What is Prostitution?
Prostitution is considered the exchange of sexual acts for money or other forms of compensation. In Belleville, as in many other jurisdictions, prostitution is considered a criminal offense. Engaging in prostitution, soliciting for prostitution, or promoting prostitution are all offenses under Illinois law. These charges can lead to severe legal consequences, which is why having an experienced prostitution defense lawyer by your side is crucial.
What are the Penalties for Prostitution in Illinois?
The penalties for prostitution in Illinois may vary depending on the specific charge and the circumstances of the case. Generally, prostitution-related offenses can result in charges, hefty fines, and jail time. Additionally, those convicted of prostitution-related offenses may face other collateral consequences, such as damage to their personal and professional reputation.
Call Richard Roustio today at (618) 266-2617 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our prostitution defense attorney in Belleville.
I successfully completed my treatment and probation period and my case was dismissed.Former Client
Defenses Against Prostitution Charges
A strong defense strategy is essential when facing prostitution charges. Our skilled prostitution defense attorney at Richard Roustio is well-versed in various defense tactics tailored to the unique circumstances of each case. Some potential defenses include:
- Lack of Evidence: The prosecution must prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. If the evidence is insufficient or unreliable, we can challenge the case's validity.
- Entrapment: If law enforcement used coercion or enticement to induce someone into committing prostitution, we could argue that the actions amount to entrapment and seek a dismissal.
- Constitutional Violations: If your legal rights were violated during the arrest or investigation process, we can challenge the evidence obtained and move to suppress it.
- Mistaken Identity: If there is a case of mistaken identity or false accusation, we will thoroughly investigate and present evidence to clear your name.
- Negotiating Plea Bargains: In some situations, negotiating a plea bargain could be the best option to minimize the potential consequences. Our skilled negotiators can work to secure the best possible outcome.
- Proud & Disciplined Navy Veteran
- Proven Track-Record of Successful Cases
- Over 100 Cases Tried in Court