Defense Attorney Serving Randolph & Perry Counties
I am a Navy veteran, an experienced trial lawyer, and a seasoned criminal defense attorney in Belleville, Illinois. I have spent my entire legal career learning to skillfully represent my clients and vigorously pursue their best interests, even in the face of daunting criminal charges. In the past 25 years, I have successfully obtained many “not guilty” verdicts for criminal defendants, and I may be able to do the same for you.
When you call me for assistance, you can expect to receive an honest assessment of your case and a realistic prediction of how your criminal matter is likely to unfold. I also make it a point to listen, hear your side of the story, and help you develop a strategy that will increase your likelihood of obtaining charge dismissal or reduced penalties.
Call (618) 266-2617 today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with a Belleville sex crimes attorney.
I successfully completed my treatment and probation period and my case was dismissed.Former Client
Types of Sex Crimes Cases I Handle
There are many forms of sex crimes that one can commit in Illinois and at the federal level. As an experienced criminal defender, I understand the different state and federal laws that govern certain types of sexual offenses, such as sexual assault, and how those laws apply to your case.
Contact my office as soon as possible if you have been accused of, arrested for, or charged with any of the following sex crimes:
- Sexual assault
- Sexual fondling
- Rape or other forced sexual contact
- Forced sodomy
- Attempted rape
- Child molestation
- Child sexual exploitation
- Transporting an individual for the purpose of illegal sexual activity
- Child pornography
- Sex trafficking
- Public indecency
- Sex tourism
Sex crimes are punished severely by the State of Illinois and at the federal level and have long-lasting impacts in the lives of accused persons. Depending on the particular offense of which you have been accused, you may be subject to any of the following consequences and legal penalties of a sex crime conviction:
- Years in Illinois State or federal prison
- Thousands of dollars in fines
- Community service
- Probation or other conditional release
- Mandatory supervision after release
- Mandatory registration in the applicable sex offender registry (the length of time for which offenders must register starts at 15 years and increases based on the severity of the offense)
- Irrevocable harm to your reputation in your community
- Permanent criminal record
- Inability to advance in your career
- Poor optics in future family and criminal legal proceedings
Penalties for any sex crime offense are usually increased when there is a victim involved who is underage or experiences bodily harm as a result of the alleged act(s). As such, offenses like child sex trafficking or child pornography often come with mandatory prison sentences of at least 10 or 15 years. Penalties increase with the level of violence committed in perpetration of the alleged crime.
As an experienced attorney, I understand the complex inner workings of the Illinois and federal court systems. I have the knowledge and skill to help you make your best case and safeguard your future, starting with a free consultation.
Don’t wait. Call Richard Roustio Attorney at Law at (618) 266-2617 if you are facing sex crime charges of any kind and schedule your first meeting with me as soon as possible.
- Proud & Disciplined Navy Veteran
- Proven Track-Record of Successful Cases
- Over 100 Cases Tried in Court